Please complete and submit all of the files below to the front office or Coach Norris prior to the start of the desired season of competition. Each student-athlete must put all documents in a folder with their name on it. Any missing certificates or documents will prevent the student-athlete from participating in tryouts to interscholastic school teams.
Athletic Clearance Requirements
- Students must have
- Minimum 2.0 unweighted cumulative GPA
- Minimum 2.0 conduct GPA from previous semester
- All 9th graders are automatically eligible in their first semester of high school.
- The following documents must be submitted as part of the clearance packet. Each document gets completed once PER school year.
- Completed Athletic Participation Packet
o Do not use an old packet
o All pages must be original ink – no faxes, copies, scans, etc.
- Doctor physical portion of the packet MUST be on the FHSAA EL2 forms and MUST have the stamp of the doctor/doctor’s office
- FHSAA EL3 Consent Form
- Copy of the birth certificate − This needs to be done only once for the entirety of participating in Don Soffer athletics.
- If you were not born in the United States, you must also bring a copy of a U.S. Passport or a U.S. Permanent Resident card to be cleared immediately. If a student does not possess one of these, then we will require additional paperwork.
- Copy of health insurance – This needs to be done only once for the entirety of participating in Don Soffer athletics, unless the insurance changes.
- You CANNOT compete on any sports team without health insurance.
- If you do not have any coverage, please use this link (pay online by card): https://www.hsri.com/K12_Enrollment/Main/browse.asp
- NFHS Learning Course Certificates – This must be completed once per school year.
- Step-by-step instructions can be found at the bottom of this page
- FHSAA GA04 Policy on Athletic Recruiting form − If you did not attend DSAHS on the first day of your 9th grade year, or you attended any other high school; this form requires notarization.
Only applies to those who did not attend on the first day of their 9th-grade year.