Regarding Open Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year:
- Open Enrollment for new students. Current DSAHS students do not apply online. Only new applicants need to apply.
- All applicants have an equal opportunity for admission regardless of when the application is submitted in the enrollment window. Applications will be accepted for all grade levels.
- If your application is not submitted within the Open Enrollment window, your application will be positioned on the waitlist in the order in which it is received.
- When the number of applications received within the open enrollment period exceeds the number of seats available, a lottery will be conducted to determine admission.
- After February, applications will continue to be accepted and admission will be offered based on the order in which the application is received, and other criteria described below.
- All students applying must have passed Algebra 1 prior to beginning of the 2024-2025 school year.
- Families will be notified within 14 days of the close of the initial enrollment period if their student has been accepted or if a lottery will be held.
If a lottery is required, preference for admission will be prioritized as follows:
Group 1: Sibling Attending
- Does the student have a brother or sister currently attending the school? YES
Group 2: Aventura Resident
- I am the parent/guardian of this applicant and they reside with me at my residence within the City of Aventura. YES
Group 3: Employee Child
- Is one of the parents or guardians employed at Don Soffer Aventura High School? YES
Group 4: Miami and Non-Aventura Resident
- I am the parent/guardian of this applicant and they reside with me at my residence within the City of Aventura. NO
- What county does this student live in? Miami-Dade
Applications for new students who have siblings currently attending the school must apply within the open enrollment period to receive the appropriate preference for admission. When submitting an application for a new student that has a sibling currently attending please be sure to mark the appropriate box on the application so that your children are linked and are afforded the sibling preference for admission.
Applicants offered admission to the school will be sent a Letter of Offer with a time frame in which to accept or decline the seat. If a response is not received within the time frame, the offer will be rescinded and the applicant will be moved to the waitlist based on the expiration of the offer date.
Aventura residency preference is only offered to applicants who reside in Aventura one calendar year prior to the lottery. Those who did not reside in Aventura on or prior to February 22, 2023, will not receive preference. Please be advised that applicants who receive a preference for admission based on the statements made on their application will be required to provide verifying documents at the time of registration and must submit an affidavit confirming their place of residence. Those unable to provide documentation will forfeit their seat or residency preference.
Aventura residents are required to provide ALL of the following documents:
*NOTE: Documents must match the legal guardian or parent on the birth certificate.
- a current driver’s license
- a utility bill
- a lease or deed
Don Soffer Aventura High School admits students of any race, color, national origin, religion, or gender.
THE SCHOOL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCIND THE ADMISSION OF AN APPLICANT BASED ON FALSIFIED APPLICATION INFORMATION.